Baked French Toast
13x18" sheet pan
18x26" sheet pan
- 12 (1 oz.) slices whole wheat bread
- 12 large eggs OR 2 1/3 cups liquid whole eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 24 (1 oz.) slices whole wheat bread
- 24 large eggs, OR 4 2/3 cups liquid whole eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place bread slices on a sheet pan(s) lined with foil.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread slices; there will be about 3/8 cup liquid per slice. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
1 portion = 1 oz. eq. grains + 2 oz. meat alternate
Egg Allergy: Use egg-free bread and bake on a separate pan. For each egg, substitute one Flax "Egg": 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal and 2 1/2 Tbsp. water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
Meat & Meat Alternate
Record on your menu as:
Eggs (Meat and Meat Alternate Food List # 212)
Bread (Bread and Bread Alternate Food List # 05)