Tuna Noodle Pasta II
- 12 oz. Whole Wheat Egg Noodles, uncooked OR whole wheat pasta (ex: rotini)
- 8 oz. Peas, frozen, thawed
- 2 (12 oz.) can Tuna, canned in water, drained
- 1 (26 oz.) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound OR 24 (2/3 oz.) slices American Cheese
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs, optional
- 1 1/2 pound Whole Wheat Egg Noodles, uncooked OR whole wheat pasta (ex: rotini)
- 1 pound Peas, frozen, thawed
- 4 (12 oz.) can Tuna, canned in water, drained
- 2 (26 oz.) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 pound OR 48 (2/3 oz.) slices American Cheese
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, optional
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain off liquid.
- Mix noodles, frozen peas, tuna, and condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Spread 1/2 of the noodle mixture into pan(s).
- Cover with half of the cheese slices.
- Repeat noodle and cheese layers.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until food thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 1 hour for a 9x13" pan.
Serve each 1-5 year old: 1/24 of a 9x13" pan
Serve each 6-12 year old: 1/12 of a 9x13" pan
1 serving = 1 1/2 oz. meat/meat alt. and 1/2 grain serving
Lunch & Dinner
Meat & Meat Alternate
Record on your menu as:
Tuna (Meat and Meat Alternate Food List # 37)
Egg Noodles (Bread and Bread Alternate Food List # 70)
Adapted from: Adrienne, DCR Dietitian