About Day Care Resources (DCR)
Day Care Resources (DCR) became a sponsor of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) in 1984. We serve over 1500 Child Care Facilities throughout Illinois. Our sites provide nutritious meals to more than 30,000 children each year. DCR provides nutrition education, training, and meal/snack reimbursement through the USDA CACFP for:
- DCFS licensed day care homes and centers,
- IDHS licensed exempt day care homes, and
- At-risk afterschool programs in areas where 50% or more children eligible for free/reduced school lunches.
Day Care Resources helps child care sites:
- Save TIME so sites can focus on more important things - like the kids in your care!
- Turn in claims electronically.
- Answer questions ASAP on our phone line (309) 925-2274 or email hotline firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review claims and menus to protect sites from costly mistakes if a site is audited.
- Train staff & get customized help at least 3 times per year.
- Cut down on paperwork.
- Award kids the gift of good nutrition and healthy habits to last a lifetime!
- Customize meal plans, special diets, & more to fit your needs.
- Focus on the kids with free activity sheets, nutrition education, games and more!
- Pick from CACFP approved menu plans and recipes. Most recipes have 6 ingredients or less. This helps you meet Food Program requirements, keeps costs down, and minimizes prep time.