Sand Castle Craft
- 2 empty paper towel tubes
- Paper plate
- Play sand
- White glue
- Paint brush
- Colored construction paper or card stock
- Wooden craft stick (popsicle stick)
- Paints or markers
- Cut the paper towel tubes into four different lengths, as shown.
- Pour some play sand on to the paper plate, covering the entire bottom of the plate.
- Using a paint brush, paint on a thick coat of white glue all over the paper towel tube.
- Next roll a paper towel tube in the sand on the plate, to cover the tube. Shake off excess. Do this for each tube and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add more sand to the plate if necessary and add a dollop of glue to the sand to create a wet, sludgy sand.
- Stand the sand covered tubes on the paper plate as shown in picture.
- Push the glue-sand mix all around the tubes. This helps support them to stand. Spead the rest around the plate. Allow to dry.
- To make flag, color or paint the craft stick. Fold a small piece of construction paper or card stock in half, and cut out a triangle shape. This can be personalized with the child's name.
- Glue the craft stick inside the folded triangle and to the inside of one of the tubes.