Stained Glass Leaf Collage
- waxed paper
- crayon shavings (optional)
- iron (adults only!)
- Take children on a walk and collect leaves for a collage.
- Cut two pieces of waxed paper for each child.
- Place each child's leaves between two pieces of waxed paper.
- If desired, add a few crayon shavings with the leaves.
- Place each waxed paper "sandwich" between two sheets of newspaper.
- Adults can help children press the newspaper with a warm iron.
- Let cool.
- Once the picture is cool, pictures can be used as placemats, stained glass "windows," or the children can cut out leaves to make a mobile.
adapted from Everyday TLC, 2007.