1 (9 x 13 inch) pan
1 (4 inch) full pan
- 3 1/4 cup Rice (ex. jasmine or basmati)
- 1 TBSP + 1/2 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 qt. Water or Chicken Stock/Broth
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 qt. Rice (ex. jasmine or basmati)
- 3 TBSP. Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 gallon Water or Chicken Stock/Broth
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients in pan(s). Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees until tender and liquid is absorbed; about 25-30 minutes for white rice or up to 1 hour for brown rice.
1 Portion = 1/4 cup counts as 1/2 bread/grain serving.
Serve 1/2 cup to each 6-12 year old.
Lunch & Dinner
Record on your menu as:
White Rice (Bread and Bread Alternate Food List # 87)
Brown Rice (Bread and Bread Alternate Food List # 83)
Adapted from: DCR Newsletter, January 2015