12 burritos (5 qt.) slow cooker
- 28 oz. O'Brien Potatoes, frozen, thawed
- 12 oz. (3/4 pound) Turkey Sausage, browned, drained
- 8 oz. (2 cup) Cheddar Cheese, sharp, shredded
- 12 eggs (2 1/2 cup) Eggs, large or pasteurized liquid eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 12 Tortillas*, 8-10 inch (use whole wheat/corn to count as your whole grain for the day).
- 3 cups Salsa, (to count as a full vegetable serving)
- Layer potatoes, sausage, and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Pour evenly over top.
- Cook on low until a food thermometer reads 160 degrees, about 3 3/4-4 1/4 hours.
- Uncover. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Portion 3/4 cup (#5 scoop) onto each tortilla.
- Add 1/4 cup salsa for a full vegetable serving at breakfast for ages 3+ and lunch ages 6+.
- Roll up and serve.
1 burrito = 3 oz. meat alternate, 1 oz. eq. grain serving, and *1/4 cup vegetable.
(*1/2 cup if served with 1/4 cup salsa)
Lunch & Dinner
Meat & Meat Alternate
Record on your menu as:
Tortilla (Bread and Bread Alternate Food List # 102)
Turkey Sausage (Meat and Meat Alternate Food List # 56)
Salsa (Fruit and Vegetable Food List # 173)
Adapted from: https://realmomkitchen.com, 2019.