Vegetable Beef Soup
(One 5 qt. crock pot)
- 1 1/2 pound Ground Beef, lean
- 2 medium Onion
- 1 1/2 pound Mixed Vegetables, frozen
- 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 TBSP. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 (32 oz.) carton Beef Broth, low sodium
- 3 pound Ground Beef, lean
- 4 medium Onion
- 3 pound Mixed Vegetables, frozen
- 2 (28 oz.) can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 TBSP. Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 4 (32 oz.) carton Beef Broth, low sodium
- Brown meat with onion. Drain.
- Stove top directions: a. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large pot. b. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Crock pot directions: Place all ingredients in crock pot(s). b. Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf/leaves before serving.
1 Portion = 1 1/2 oz. meat and 1/2 cup vegetable.
Lunch & Dinner
Meat & Meat Alternate
Record on your menu as:
Ground Beef (Meat and Meat Alternate Food List # 03)
Mixed Vegetables (Fruit and Vegetable Food List # 162)
Adapted from: DCR Newsletter, July 2016.