Zesty Queso Dip
3 1/2 qt. slow cooker
6 qt. slow cooker
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey, lean
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 2 TBSP. Taco Seasoning
- 32 oz. Cheese Spread, Pasteurized Processed, cut into cubes
- 2 (10 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes with Diced Green Chilies, mild (ex: Ro-Tel)
- 2 pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey, lean
- 1 cup Onion
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning
- 64 oz. Cheese Spread, Pasteurized Processed, cut into cubes
- 4 (10 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes with Diced Green Chilies, mild (ex: Ro-Tel)
- Brown meat and onion. Drain.
- Place meat mixture in crock pot(s). Add taco seasoning, cheese cubes, and diced tomatoes.
- Set crock pot to low. Stir after 1 hour to blend together. Cook until cheese is completely melted (about 2 hours total for a 3 1/2 qt. slow cooker)
- Serve with fresh vegetables, whole grain crackers or whole grain tortilla chips for a complete snack.
1 Portion = 1 oz. meat/meat alt. at snack.
Serve with 1 oz. tortilla OR 3/4 cup vegetable for a complete snack for ages 6-12
Serve with 1/2 oz. tortilla chips or 1/2 cup vegetables for a complete snack for ages 1-5.
Meat & Meat Alternate
Record on your menu as:
Cheese Dip (Meat and Meat Alternate Food List # 81)
Adapted from: DCR Newsletter, January 2019.